[MACEP] Seminar: Deploying iPad and Mac in Education

Mark Johnston johnston at apple.com
Fri Oct 16 10:51:27 PDT 2015

Hello,

We hope that things are starting to settle down for you in this 2015 school year. Apple has been busy creating new versions of its operating systems (iOS 9, OS X 10.11 El Captain) as well as other education focused tools such as Apple Configurator 2. Mobile Device Management vendors are also updating their products to support the new operating system features.

By coming to one of the following locations you will learn, the latest tools and techniques for managing Apple iPads and Macintoshes. These includes:

iOS 9 (Including how to deploy apps without an Apple ID)
OS X 10.11(Including how to configure a Macintosh using DEP and MDM)
Apple Configurator 2
Current status of Mobile Device Management Vendor’s

Finally, Apple Configurator 1.7.x will work with OS X 10.11. I would encourage you to test Apple Apple Configurator 2 throughly prior to deploying to your management Macintoshes.

Look forward to seeing you,

Mark Johnston & Steve Nelson

Dates, Times, and Locations:

Medford Area
Oct 19, 2015, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
https://edseminars.apple.com/event/Z1hfc-T94VU

Eugene Area
Oct 21, 2015, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
https://edseminars.apple.com/event/59Xk7-rb3Ub

Portland - West Side Area (Hillsboro)
Oct 22, 2015, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
https://edseminars.apple.com/event/fGjTc-53xo4

Portland - East Side Area (Clackamas)
Oct 23, 2015, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
https://edseminars.apple.com/event/77335-UU5mg

New / Updated URLS:

Welcome to Apple Deployment Help Programs:
https://help.apple.com/deployment/programs/

What’s new in iOS 9:
http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

iOS 9 Deployment reference:
https://help.apple.com/deployment/ios/

iOS 9.0.2:
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1842?locale=en_US

OS X El Capitan:
http://www.apple.com/osx/

OS X El Capitan User Guide:
http://help.apple.com/machelp/mac/10.11/#/

Apple Configurator 2

Apple Configurator 2 requires OS X 10.11. Apple Configurator 2 has been completely redesigned and I think everyone will appreciate the new workflows and flexible iOS management options that it enables. Apple Configurator 1.7.x  will continue to work on OS X 10.11, alongside Apple Configurator 2.

Of note is that Apple Configurator 2 supports new iOS 9 restrictions that a lot of us have been hoping for:

• Allow modifying device name
• Allow modifying Wallpaper
• Allow modifying passcode
• Allow modifying restrictions

Apple Configurator 2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator-2/id1037126344

About Apple Configurator 2.0
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205285

Apple Configurator 2 Help
http://help.apple.com/configurator/mac/2.0/

I recommend you start playing with and testing Apple Configurator 2 soon. Let’s talk about the new management technologies sometime soon.


Mark Johnston, Senior System Engineer
Apple Education
Apple Inc.